Friday, May 3, 2013

Family Reunion in Louisville

After the big weekend in Nashville was over, James drove back to Montgomery to continue his training, and I rode with my family up to Louisville, KY to visit my grandparents. It's been about 2 years since my last visit so I was very glad I had this opportunity to reconnect with them. It was a pretty low key week, which I honestly needed after so much excitement. We spent most of our time helping the grandparents with things around the house, eating and talking. Nate got to share his music with them, and they enjoyed seeing the video ultrasound of the baby and hearing about our hopes and plans for the next couple years in Korea. I often feel disconnected from my extended family while living overseas so it was also great hearing stories about what my aunts, uncles and cousins are up to. I hope that we will have another, larger family reunion around the holidays after the baby is born! Till then, I am thankful for good conversations and these family portraits!


No comments: