Over the weekend, a bunch of the girls from the squadron went down to a big festival and took tons of fun pictures of them sampling Japanese cuisine and frolicking among waist-high yellow flowers. I was invited, but figured that would be a bit much for me just yet. Between the long car ride, huge crowds, and fatty food, I just didn't think it was a good idea. But after their pictures were posted on facebook, I was very sad that I missed out on the adventure. I hate to miss out on big group events like that - ESPECIALLY ones that offer such great photo opportunities!
So when my friend Lisa Gee (who lives right across the street) called on Monday morning to see if I wanted to join her and her mom on a quick beach excursion, I accepted without hesitation. The coast is only a 15-20 minute drive from here, and it's far to cold to swim, so we would mostly be walking and taking in the view. I figured I could easily handle this adventure, so I grabbed some sunscreen and my camera and hopped into Lisa's front seat, eager for an experience worth documenting. I believe I got my wish! =^)
This particular beach is named after "Miss Veedol" - the first airplane to make the trans-Pacific flight from Japan to the U.S. Miss Veedol is kind of the patron/symbol of Misawa, and so I appreciated learning the history behind the name. They have a replica of the plane there at the base of a huge observation tower that gives you a great view of the ocean. We climbed up the tower first, then took some fun pictures with the plane before going beach combing. We gathered lots of sea shells and even more snapshots of us doing crazy poses on/in front of the natural elements.
It was definitely a memorable excursion and I am glad to have some more pictures of me and my friend having adventures in Japan!







I took the one below for James and sent it to him. O=^)
Looking forward to going on adventures
with him when he returns this fall.

No comments:
Post a Comment