Having said all that, I'm not going to lie - it's pretty rough having him leave only a few short weeks after we arrived here in Japan. We knew this was coming, but I think the separation would have been easier if I was feeling better. I broke down several times this weekend (when I was tired or in pain) and couldn't imagine how I was going to make it on my own. At one point I was in such a pitiful state that he seriously considered calling up the commander to ask if he could stick around for an extra week and take care of me. However, I knew that I would be fine and didn't want to cause any more problems. We were right to trust that this timing was purposeful and let it happen because I have been feeling a lot better over the last couple of days and am managing just fine without him... but that was not an easy leap of faith.
Since he left, I've been trying my best to keep busy and not wallow too much. It's been kind of hard because he was one of the few officers who took the big, group flight over to Korea with all of the enlisted guys. The rest of the pilots in the squadron are flying their jets over, and therefore got to leave a little later. They were supposed to take off this afternoon, but it's been incredibly foggy so they got grounded and - oh joy! - all of the other wives got an extra night with their husbands. I'm happy for them because many of them have small kids or are pregnant so I know that they have very good reason to dread this separation. I just wish we could have had a couple more days too!! Oh well...
I got to talk to him on Skype last night and he said he's settling in well. Tonight he is out having dinner with Claire. I assume they are having a great time, and that he is getting a good feel for his new temporary base.
If you would like to mail him any care packages, etc. here is his mailing address:
James Wentzel
14 EFS/OPS
PSC 2 Box 5000 TDY
APO, AP 96264
Of course, he will be able to answer any emails you send him, or if you have skype you can chat it up on there as well.
More on the adventure as it unfolds. Till then, be praying that both of us will adjust well and get the emotional support we need. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment