Sunday, July 1, 2012

Adding A Little Green to My Life!

I've decided I need a little green in my life - whether that's in the plants growing outside on my porch or in my food - green is good. =^)

Several of my friends have herb gardens in their backyards and incorporate that homegrown goodness into their cooking. Lord knows I do not have a green thumb. But I decided to take the plunge and plant a little garden of my own. I started small with a pot of rosemary and a pot of basil. Then I decided to go all out and buy some flowers too so I have a little barrel full of red mini roses to brighten up the arrangement. It's been over a week since I planted these and they're still alive so I think that's a good sign!


I've also been reading a lot about the health benefits of incorporating more raw fruits and veggies into our diet. All of the vitamins and nutrients found in these foods have incredible restorative and healing properties. One of the easiest ways to consume the largest amount of green nutrients is through juicing. So I invested in a fancy juicer and lots of produce!


My new Omega juicer processes the food slowly which means the juice doesn't heat up before it makes it into the collecting bin, which is important because none of the nutrients cook out in the process. It is such a cool gadget and I've already enjoyed several cold, refreshing and healthy juices in the last week! Below is a picture of my first try: orange, carrot and pineapple juice with a splash of lemon! Looking forward to a healthy year!

No comments: