Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Trip to Bali!!

Yes, for those who didn't know, I went to Bali last week.

Well - part of me went, anyway.

One of my best friends, Lisa Gee, is moving back to the States next week and so she decided to take one last Asian vacation to Bali. Two of my other close friends, Kendall and Sara, decided to go too. They invited me to go with them, but kind of knew already what my answer would be. Living in an outdoor hut in the jungle and surfing every day is really not my cup of tea. The only thing that would have motivated me to spend the money on a trip like that would be to have pictures of me in Bali. So we opted for the next best thing and constructed a "flat Kim" for them to take with them.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with "Flat Stanley" - but it's a common thing for kids in the States to cut out a picture of Flat Stanley and mail it to friends or family who are traveling around the world. They take pictures of Flat Stanley's adventures and send them back to the child as a fun way for them to learn about geography, etc.

SO - my flat Kim went along to Bali and I now have some awesome pictures of "me" on vacation with the girls on the Island of the Gods. Check it out:

About to board my Malaysia airlines flight to Bali
Sleeping in under mosquito netting
Joining the girls for a laid-back breakfast
Hanging out in the garden
Peeping into one of the outdoor showers 
Unfortunately it would've been very inconvenient to carry flat Kim with them out of the hut on their hikes and surfing adventures. But that's ok! I'm just thankful they didn't do anything too ridiculous with my likeness in their spare time. ;^)

In all seriousness - I'm a little bummed that I missed out on so much solid, quality time with Lisa before she goes, but I know the girls had a great time. I've had my overseas adventures with her in New Zealand so it was their turn to live and explore with our dear friend.


I think I may need to plan a more Kim-friendly tropical vacation in the near future though. This snow is driving me crazy...

No comments: