Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lady Samurai To the Rescue!

Living in Misawa is an adventure. Sometimes it's the good kind of adventure, full of fun and lots of photo opportunities, and other times it's a little dangerous and wears on your nerves. Somehow those not-so fun days always seem to coincide with times when the guys are out of town or otherwise occupied.

On the way to a surprise baby shower for a friend, we accidentally got this borrowed minivan stuck in a foot and a half of snow. I wasn't driving, regardless of who is at fault, it's a terrible feeling when your wheels start spinning and you don't go anywhere... I'm pretty sure that if any of us were in this situation alone, we would have been in trouble and cried a whole lot. But in Misawa - even when your husband is a thousand miles away - you are never alone!


Lady Samurai to the rescue! We may not be the most auto-savvy ladies on the planet, but through some creative tricks involving a pooper-scooper, ice scraper and a cardboard box, coupled with of pushing, we were able to free the van!

It goes without saying, but I love these ladies and don't know what I'd do without my Misawa family. They always help turn the bad days into funny stories that we can look back on with fondness in the future. =^)

No comments: