Easter this year pretty much consisted of non-stop feasting. James and I have been trying to come up with ways to serve and witness to our unbelieving friends and neighbors, so we decided to attend the "sunrise" service early Easter morning so that we could open our house up for a squadron/neighborhood potluck brunch afterward. What we didn't realize was that the Protestant Men of the Chapel were cooking breakfast for everyone right after the sunrise service. So we had breakfast - then came home and fixed a healthy second breakfast. After that I made some sweet potato casserole to take to our Bible Study's Easter dinner that night.
We enjoyed spending some quality time connecting and celebrating with our various communities on that sacred day. I'm not sure we really rubbed off on anyone during our outreach brunch, but at least we got to serve them and pray for them and deepend our bonds of friendship. Plus - my whole wheat, dairy free fruit pancakes were DELICIOUS! 0=^)
No comments:
Post a Comment