Thursday, May 31, 2012

Greg's bachelor party

I've realized that my blog is pretty Kim-centric and I don't often keep you updated on stuff going on in James' life. Recently, he went on an adventure without me so I thought I'd share a few photos with you. Our friend Greg Balzhiser recently moved to Misawa, and is marrying a female pilot he met while stationed in Korea today, actually. In preparation for his nuptuals, his brother-in-law Ryan Worrell planned an adventurous bachelor party for him. While I was at the True Love Waits banquet on the 12th - Greg and five of his close friends out here piled into a couple of vehicles and drove a couple hours south to go rock climbing at the Kuji Sea Cliffs. Greg and Lacey's dad owns a rock climbing gym in northern California so this seemed like a great way to celebrate Greg without going out to a bar and engaging in the usual debaucherous bachelor-party activities. They had originally planned to camp down there over night, but the weather was pretty rainy and miserable. So they climbed in the cold until they were satisfied, then drove home and spent the rest of the evening playing classic video games and "bro-ing out" as they once did back in Del Rio while everyone was single (or at least unmarried, in James' case.) Below are a few pictures of the epic coastline where they went rock climbing!

The Kuji Sea Cliffs
They had to hike/climb all the way down there to reach the climb site.
Rugged landscape which emphasizes the power of mother nature.
Greg's friend Chris Behrens climbing up the cliffs.
The guys enjoying a beer after a long day of climbing.

I'm so glad that so many of James' close friends are now living here in Misawa, and that he had an opportunity to attend Greg's bachelor party, since it was impossible for us to attend his wedding in Switzerland!

No comments: